Brainwise, (formerly called The Braintraining Institute) was formed in Auckland in 2005 by Bruce Mackie. (1941 – 2011). Monique Chasteau joined the organisation in 2009 and continues to develop the vision that Bruce began. She was trained to practice neurofeedback and biofeedback in Australia with EEG Education and Training and continues to be an affiliate of the organisation, receiving ongoing training and professional supervision. She is also a member of the Biofeedback Association of New Zealand. Monique has worked as an educator and counsellor for over 20 years. She has been a teacher of young people with intellectual disabilities and psychiatric issues and a high school teacher of visual arts. She has also taught a variety of courses in the community combining art and personal growth.
Monique comments “The Brainwise vision is of an approach to wellbeing that integrates the safety and precision of scientific research with the passion and imagination of the arts and philosophy”.
- Masters Degree in Counselling (member of NZ association of counsellors)
- Masters Degree in Fine Arts
- Certificate in EEG Biofeedback (applicant to Biofeedback International Alliance)
- Certificate in QEEG Analysis
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching (registered teacher)
- Monique has been a long time practitioner of meditation and yoga and believes strongly in human creative potential